Barbecued Ribs, with an asian inspired glaze
(prepare 1 day ahead, if possible)
1 cup hoisin sauce
½ tsp chinese five spice
1½ tsp grated ginger root
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 can reduced sodium chicken broth
¼ cup reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
4 cloves minced garlic
2½ lbs sliced baby back ribs
green onions to taste
toasted sesame seeds to taste
Mix glaze ingredients together. Refrigerate (for 1 day if possible).
1. Mix broth, teriyaki sauce, and minced garlic.
2. Add ribs.
3. Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
4. Baste with ½ cup glaze mixture, return to oven for 45-75 minutes.
5. Heat remaining glaze in microwave for 1 minute
6. Cover ribs with glaze.
7. Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.